Friday, March 16, 2012

Fullbore Friday


Sometimes, being Fullbore takes place after you have spent years being ... fullbore.

I have ranted since 2004 against those who are trying to do to this generation what they did to the Vietnam Generation WRT PTSD. The major reason is that there are real people with very human things they are working through - working through because they put everything on the line to make sure everyone here can live a life like no other.

The smears p155 me off, because those who actually have real PTSD are normal people; friends, brothers, sons, fathers, neighbors, husbands. They are not broken vessels to be pitied. As a matter of fact - they are fully functional and even deployed.

The fakes p155 me off because they take away funding and help from those who actually need it, and fake it so bad that they make everyone else look bad.

The poseurs p155 me off for all the reasons above.

Who has PTSD? One of those people is Master Sergeant CJ Grisham. I guy I know in person a few days and online for years, and look forward to knowing more in the years to come. A good man, a solid man, what you would expect in a US Army Master Sergeant.

He is also very open to his challenge in a way few men are/can/will. By doing so, he is doing a great service, by his example, for his Soldiers who may need some help as well.

As much as anything, this is Fullbore. Via the Sandbox a couple of months ago - I'm going to steal in large bits.
Today, I listened to the advice of more than a few people and finally went to the TMC and Combat Stress hospital. My right hand hasn’t stopped twitching after nearly a month and it’s beyond irritating. I’m not sleeping, not eating, and highly irritable. I’ve been under a lot of stress and feel like many of those above me are just making things worse.

So, for three hours today, I sat and got to revisit many issues related to my PTSD, depression, and anxiety as well as some new ones. While waiting to speak with one of the case workers, I had the opportunity of sitting down with “SFC Zeke.”

Zeke looked very busy when I entered the room, but could tell immediately I was there for business. He set aside his distraction and gave me his complete attention. He didn’t say a word. Just sat there and listened to me. He didn’t judge me; he didn’t interrupt me; and he never blamed me. In five minutes, Zeke did what few others could do having just met me -- he calmed me down and made me feel like I was worth listening to. I want to introduce you to Zeke:
Read it all.

BZ.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

CJ Grisham - Fullbore!